30 April, 2008

A blog and comics roll of ridiculous proportions

So my list of things I read over on the right just doubled in length. Yes, these are things I read pretty much every day (save the ones that only update once or twice a week). I am afforded a lot of time for reading, and I love comics, so there you go. One thing that does escape me, and I forgot to bookmark it at the time, and I have been unable to find it since is this comic that is a parody of Wonder Woman. I cannot remember for the life of me what it was called, but it was excellent. If anyone knows of it, send me a link so I can add it to my daily reading as it is genius!

I'm wearing my tightest jeans tonight; this paired with also wearing new slip-on shoes (so very stiff canvas) and having just risen my bike seat by another inch created a fairly unstable environment for my biking to work tonight. Suffice to say, I managed to bork up my stalling at one particular stop light near the Tenderloin and basically fall head-first into a large black gentleman who was crossing the street very close to me (he was part of the reason I fell being I was going all of .5mph waiting for the light to turn [approx 3. seconds left on the count-down] and had to turn very sharply to avoid running him over with my bike) which caused me to just kind of gently tip over. Thanks to my shoes being new and slippery and stiff canvas and my bike seat being at a height I am yet to be used to, I couldn't really steady myself before just more or less falling on this guy. Sorry guy! You broke my fall very well!

There was also another cyclist near me when all this happened. Most embarrassing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for the link.

The comic you are thinking of is The Non-Adventures of Wonderella.

Barry Deutsch said...

Thanks for linking to Hereville! I appreciate it. Especially nice to be linked by someone who does comics herself.