29 July, 2007

My day today after Travis dropped me off

Cats real hungry. I fed them, gave them milk treat, then found that one of them had thrown up on my biking jacket. I was going to wash it tomorrow anyway when I did laundry, but still, yuck. I'm just glad I left the window open so it didn't smell like cat vomit when I got home. Called Tim and updated him on the cats' status, and then dragged out my bed and tried to get some sleeps in before work. Almost immediately after dragging out my bed, my neighbourhood exploded in a sea of loudness. I think the secret to why I can always take a nap on my makeshift window seat is that people outside don't realize I am trying to sleep, so they stay real quiet.
Braararar
So anyway, I had locked up my bike downstairs for the weekend, and when I left, there was this guy (at least I'm assuming it is a guy due to how it is locked and the fact that it is a big fat heavy fucking ugly ass mountain bike) who had his bike like OVER the rack in an amusing fashion but in such a way that it was not in the way of anything; in fact, I would park my bike like this if I had the upper body strength by the time I got home to be able to muster it up there, but I'm usually winded and full of asthma by the time I get my bike down there, so I don't have the energy to do it. Yeah, well, he decided it would be good to basically pile his bike on top of my bike and the bike next to mine and then kind of loop his U lock around my handlebars. I had to wrestle my bike out for 10 minutes, and my hands and handlebars got all greased up from his chain. I tried to put his bike back as well as I could, but his front steering got turned sideways while I was wrestling my wheel from next to his---no small task since this other bike was, as mentioned, some giant heavy fuckin mountain bike with big fat nobby tires---and I couldn't get it to go back to straight. I'm pretty sure I put quite a few good gouges in his frame's finish too considering I had to scrape it around on the rack.
I almost want to feel bad, but I really don't. I would never pull bullshit like this. If I went down there, and there wasn't space for my bike, I'd just schlep my bike back up to my apartment with me. I've had to do this about 3 or 4 times already. Sure it sucks to have to carry your bike up an extra flight of steps than if you went through the front doors, but it is a lot more considerate of your fucking neighbours than piling your bike on top of theirs.
Also, while I was trying to nap, I'm pretty sure I heard gunshots outside on my block, but I'm not too sure, because I don't think any police showed up that I could hear. Also, when I was riding to work down Haight, some dicks thought it'd be funny to throw a water balloon at me. They missed, but I was still somewhat angry about this. I had seen marks on the pavement from the other balloons, and they looked fresh, and I'm glad I steered myself in such a fashion as to be mostly out of their range.
Raaaaar is not good day for Jen. Also, Hugh is here, and I thought he was off for the month starting this week :(
I'm also tired and have a slight headache that felt migrainy before, but I don't feel nauseous or too sensitive to light anymore.
At least the cats were pleasantly needy and not obnoxious while I was trying to sleep. They actually both came over and piled on me which was most delightful. :3

No comments: